DIY Video: How to make a Berry Dahlia Centerpiece
How to make a Berry Dahlia Centerpiece
We created this beautiful berry Dahlia centerpiece using Dahlias and Delphinium in rich hues of purple, pink and blue! This is the perfect centerpiece for a bride that wants bold jewel tones, but with a whimsical touch. Because Dahlias are only available late May to early November, they are very popular in summer arrangements!
How many flowers do I need to make this Berry Dahlia Centerpiece?
- 3-4 Stems of Burgundy Dahlias
- 3-4 Stems Magenta Dahlias
- 3-4 Stems Pink Dahlias
- 3-4 Stems Purple Dahlias
- 3-4 Stems White Button Dahlias
- 4 Stems of dark blue Delphinium
- 5-6 Stems of Eucalyptus Silver Dollar
What floral supplies do I need to make this Berry Dahlia Centerpiece?
- 1 block of Oasis Floral Foam, cut to fit your vase or container
- Floral Tape
- Floral Shears for trimming your flowers and greens
How do I make a Berry Dahlia Centerpiece?
- Cut foam to fit to the size of your container. Soak foam and place in container.
- Create grid with floral tape on top of container, make approx. ½”- 1” squares.
- Snip eucalyptus stems to desired length and tuck stems in foam. Start from the outside working to the middle of the arrangement.
- Add white and burgundy dahlias.
- Now add purple, pink and magenta dahlias.
- Add a few white button dahlias.
- Now add dark blue delphinium stems.
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!
- When should I buy flowers and greens for my centerpiece?
- How do I prepare bulk flowers and greens from BloomsByTheBox before I make my arrangements?
- How can I safely transport my centerpieces to my wedding or event?