DIY Video: How to make a Modern Garden Centerpiece
How to make a Modern Garden Centerpiece
We partnered with The Budget Savvy Bride to create this beautiful, but budget-friendly, Modern Garden Centerpiece! This gorgeous centerpiece can be recreated using Peach Ghobi Roses, White Carnations, Chablis Spray Roses and Seeded Eucalyptus!
How many flowers do I need to make this Modern Garden?
- 5 Stems of Ghobi Roses
- 12 Stems of white Carnations
- 4 Stems of Chablis Spray Roses
- 4 Stems of Seeded Eucalyptus
What floral supplies do I need to make this centerpiece?
- 1 Block of Oasis Floral Foam, cut to fit your vase or container
- Floral shears for trimming your flowers and greens
How do I make a Modern Garden Centerpiece?
- Prepare your floral foam and centerpiece.
- Soak your floral foam until it is completely saturated, then place firmly into your container.
- Clean and trim the flowers and greens.
- Remove all lower leaves from flower stems. Remove outer “guard petals” and thorns from roses. Trim stem lengths, varying in length.
- Place your focal flowers, like roses, firmly in the floral foam.
- Add carnation flowers, distributing throughout the foam to build the shape and add texture to your arrangement.
- Add the spray rose throughout the arrangement for visual interest.
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!
- When should I buy flowers and greens for my centerpiece?
- How do I prepare bulk flowers and greens from BloomsByTheBox before I make my arrangements?
- How can I safely transport my centerpieces to my wedding or event?