DIY Video: How to Make a Spring Basket
How to Make a Spring Basket
The perfect table centerpiece for Easter or any spring event! This bright basket is filled with bright yellow daffodils, blue hyacinths and peach tulips!
How many flowers do I need to make this Spring Basket?
- 8-10 Stems of Blue Hyacinth
- 14-16 Stems of Daffodils
- 10 Stems of Peach Tulips
- 8 Stems of Dianthus Green Trick
- 3-4 Stems of Queen Anne’s Lace
What floral supplies do I need to make this Spring Basket?
- Floral Wire
- Plastic Bag
- 1 Block of Oasis Floral Foam, cut to fit your vase or container.
- Floral Shears for trimming your flowers and greens.
How do I make a Spring Basket filled with flowers?
- Line the basket with plastic.
- Trim the edges of the plastic around basket.
- Cut floral foam to fit inside basket. Soak floral foam.
- Remove the leaves from the hyacinth.
- Add dianthus green trick. Pop in a few tulips scattered around arrangement.
- Add Queen Anne’s lace and repeat the pattern until the arrangement is full.
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!
- When should I buy flowers and greens for my centerpiece?
- How do I prepare bulk flowers and greens from BloomsByTheBox before I make my arrangements?
- How can I safely transport my centerpieces to my wedding or event?