DIY Video: How to Make a Submerged Orchid Centerpiece
How to Make a Submerged Orchid Centerpiece
How simple yet sophisticated is this tall submerged orchid centerpiece? You too can create the wedding flowers of your dreams using wholesale florals from Blooms By The Box! This video shows you step-by-step how to create this gorgeous arrangement!
How many flowers do I need to make this centerpiece?
- 1 stem white dendrobium orchids.
What floral supplies do I need to make this centerpiece?
- Tall cylindrical glass vase to display the arrangement.
- A weight to attach to the bottom of the orchid stem. This will help to keep the stem from floating and remain at the bottom of the vase.
- Acrylic Ice, marbles, or rocks to cover the bottom and hide the weight.
- Floral scissors to cut the stem to the length desired.
How do I make a submerged orchid centerpiece?
- Fill your vase with acrylic ice.
- Fill the vase halfway with water.
- Cut the stem of the orchid to the length that you would like.
- Attach the weighted material to the bottom of the orchid stem.
- Tuck the weighted stem into the acrylic ice.
- Carefully fill the vase with more water until you reach the top.
- Cut the top of the orchid as desired. Or if you prefer, leave a little hanging out.
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!