DIY Video: How to Make a Winter Rose Bouquet
How to Make a Winter Rose Bouquet
Make this beautiful winter rose bouquet for your wedding! Watch our video on how to DIY this super-easy wedding bouquet. For more “How To” Do It Yourself #centerpiece and #bouquets.
How many flowers do I need to make this bouquet?
- 12 red freedom rose
- 10 rose crème de la crème
- 5-6 stems of red hypericum
- 5-6 stems of thistle eryngium
- 5-6 stems of silver brunia
- 5 stems of seeded eucalyptus
- 5 stems of dusty miller
What floral supplies do I need to make this bouquet?
- Zip Tie to hold bouquet in place.
- Floral tape to secure the bouquet and cover the zip tie.
- A floral shear to cut the stems.
- Ribbon to adorn the stems.
- Pins to secure ribbon.
How do I make a Winter Rose Bouquet?
- Cut flower stems. Begin by bunching a few stems of red freedom roses, silver brunia and rose crème de la crème. Remove any foliage under the blooms from the stems.
- Add in the thistle and hypericum berries in between the flowers forming a circle.
- Make the bouquet as full as you desire. Add the seed eucalyptus around the outer of the bouquet. Fill in silver brunia, hypericum berries and thistle in gaps.
- Add the dusty miller last around the bouquet to finish the look.
- Use a zip tie to secure the bouquet. Optional- wrap floral tape to cover the tie.
- Cut the stems to the desired length using the floral shears.
- Wrap the bouquet stems with the ribbon of your choice.
- Secure the ribbon with floral pins. Beautiful!!!
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!
- When should I buy flowers and greens for my bouquet?
- How do I prepare bulk flowers and greens from BloomsByTheBox before I make my arrangements?
- How can I safely transport my centerpieces to my wedding or event?