DIY Flower Arrangement How-To Videos Presented by BloomsByTheBox.com
Having a hard time deciding if you want to DIY your flowers because you feel like you don't know enough? Don't worry! This DIY Flower 101 series will ease your anxiety and help you learn the basics for arranging flowers. The truth is, you really can make the flowers you are dreaming up in your head. It's really not as hard as you think. With a little bit of guidance and knowledge you will be able to make flowers for your wedding, bar or bat mitzvah, bridal shower, baby shower, anniversary party, birthday party, family reunion and more.
How To Make a Rustic Wildflower Bouquet
Purchase a bulk flower pack from Blooms By the Box to make 8-12 arrangements like these. Full rustic arrangements are perfect for budget or crafty brides!
- Prep a few different sized vases with raffia and water.
- Use a taller skinny vase to add tall flowers such as delphinium and stock, remember to keep it simple.
- Next fill a shorter vase with flowers to make a full arrangement with a rotation of flowers from your wildflower pack, this arrangement, as it is medium sized should be the fullest. This one will be the focal point of a cluster of wildflower arrangements.
- Get a third vase in the smallest size and loosely arrange flowers in the mason jar or bud vase to create the rustic look.
- Bunch the arrangements in different vases together to create rustic wildflower arrangements. Add moss, burlap, ribbon, or rustic patterned materials to the centerpiece to add to the rustic style.