DIY Flower Arrangement How-To Videos Presented by BloomsByTheBox.com
Having a hard time deciding if you want to DIY your flowers because you feel like you don't know enough? Don't worry! This DIY Flower 101 series will ease your anxiety and help you learn the basics for arranging flowers. The truth is, you really can make the flowers you are dreaming up in your head. It's really not as hard as you think. With a little bit of guidance and knowledge you will be able to make flowers for your wedding, bar or bat mitzvah, bridal shower, baby shower, anniversary party, birthday party, family reunion and more.
How To Make A Succulent Centerpiece
In order to properly use a succulent in a bouquet or arrangement they need to be wired and supported. You can wire and support a succulent using strand floral wire, spool wire, and wood flower picks.
- Thread the wire from one side to the other (right through the center of the stub-like stem)
- With a heavier succulent put 2 wires through.
- Twist the wires to make a sturdy stem
- Position and glue your focal flower in the center of the design.
- If inserting the succulents into floral foam use floral tape to attach a the wire stem to a wood flower pick. This will make it secure enough to insert into foam.