DIY Video: Sunflower Series: How to Make a Tulip Boutonniere
Sunflower Series: How to Make a Tulip Boutonniere
Learn how to make a boutonniere for your wedding, prom, or special event! For this boutonniere, we used a purple tulip, a pink filler (statice or limonium), floral tape, and some twine or hemp. This tutorial will take you step-by-step through each process of making a boutonniere. We left nothing out!
How many flowers do I need to make this Tulip Boutonniere?
What floral supplies do I need to make this Boutonniere?
- Floral Tape
- Jute Twine
- Floral Shears for trimming your flowers and greens
How do I make a Tulip Boutonniere?
- Cut stems 4 inches.
- Pair together the tulip and Limonium.
- Tightly tape and wrap stems with floral tape.
- Finish boutonniere by wrapping stems with jute twine and tie a tiny bow or knot.
- Cut stem to desired length.
Here are some other helpful hints for making your own DIY wedding flowers!
- When should I buy flowers and greens for my centerpiece?
- How do I prepare bulk flowers and greens from BloomsByTheBox before I make my arrangements?
- How can I safely transport my centerpieces to my wedding or event?