Fall brides, this one’s for you! We took one of the most popular fall wedding bouquet pins on Pinterest and put together a quick recipe. It’s easy to see why this is such a popular pin on Pinterest- the bouquet screams fall (the pumpkins in the background are definitely helping). And what fall bouquet could be complete without some dahlias? The orange dahlias in this fall wedding bouquet are the perfect addition of color, texture, and fun!
Photo by Katie and Peter/ Snap! Photography on Style Me Pretty
Gorgeous right?! This bouquet has a little bit of everything- a large headed bloom, focal flowers, fillers, greens, and the best texture additions.
To make this bouquet you will need:
10 orange dahlias
3 stems of blue hydrangea
7 Juliet peach garden roses
8 stems of dendrobium orange mokara
5 stems of thistle
7 stems of brunia silver
7 stems of dusty miller
Floratape/ stem wrap
Navy and white striped ribbon
Follow these simple steps to make your own fall wedding bouquet:
1. Cut the hydrated stems a little longer than the desired length (1- 1.5 feet is plenty).
2. Start with 1 stem of each kind of flower/filler to create a base for the bouquet. Bunch each stem together to create a round shape and then secure your first layer with the floral tape.
3. Add additional stems each type of flower/filler in an even rotation around the base and continue to build the bouquet, securing each additional section with floral tape.
4. Continue to add new layers until the desired size and shape is reached. Then apply the last layer of floral tape.
5. Leaving excess ribbon on both ends, wrap the striped ribbon around the bouquet until no more floral tape is showing. Then tie the excess pieces in a bow or knot.
(Use one of our step-by-step flower photo tutorials for more bouquet assistance.)
See the rest of this lovely fall wedding here!