The Wholesale Flower Superstore
What do I do after I have read the DIY Flower 101 lessons?
You just read our DIY Flower 101 lessons and now you are wondering, what's next? There are a couple things you can do to be prepared for making your wedding or event flowers.
- Get in touch with us. Tell us your event date, where you are located, how many arrangements you need to make along with a picture of your arrangement inspiration. We can guide you in the right direction for quantities and flower varieties.
- Once you have an idea of the flowers you will be using, it would be helpful to do a practice run. Doing a trial run will help you work out some kinks and will get you familiar with the process of hydrating flowers and constructing bouquets and arrangements. It will help you order the right amount of flowers and allot the correct amount of time for arranging when it's time for the real deal. You do not have to take this step to DIY your wedding/event flowers but it is a good way to ease your nerves and give you confidence.
- Now that you have a little bit of experience or guidance from BloomsByTheBox.com under your belt you can feel comfortable about placing your order.
BloomsByTheBox.com DIY Flower Resources:
If you have not already you should take advantage of all of the BloomsByTheBox.com resources that will prepare you for DIY'ing your event or wedding flowers.
DIY Guide To Wedding Flowers: This guide is different from the DIY Flower 101 lessons as it is very specifically written for helping DIY Brides. It is much more specific advice for the bride. The guide reminds you of things you may not think about and miss. Download this free guide now to learn all the specifics.
Blooms Blog: Need inspiration for event centerpieces, color combinations, and advice? Visit Blooms Blog to see weekly useful information. Posts include how to's, video tutorials, real DIY weddings, flower selection, giveaways, and much more.
Email Consultations: Need help narrowing down your flower choices? Need help picking quantities? Need help picking a delivery date or figuring out when to place your order? Email us to talk about all your flower questions.
Blooms Video Workshop: It's not enough to read about constructing arrangements, sometimes you need to see it too. Take a look at the wide range of videos that show you how to make bouquets, centerpieces, décor, boutonnieres, corsages and more.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ordering Event Flowers:
- Some specialty products have a lead time of 7-14 days. These flowers include seasonal novelties, garden roses, spray tinted hydrangeas, succulents, and specialty rose varieties. If you wish to order these flowers you should order at least 2-2.5 weeks before your wedding.
- You can place an order up to 60 days in advance of your delivery date. You will select your delivery date during checkout. When possible, we recommend that orders for weddings/big events be placed 2-3 weeks in advance of delivery date. This will allow for the most flexibility to fill your order as requested.
- We recommend receiving your flowers and supplies two (2) days prior to your event to allow for re-hydration and preparation.
- Need help with flower care? Still unsure after reading our DIY Flowers 101? Click here for more information on flower care. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for even more answers.