How to Create an Air Plant and Succulent Boutonniere
Green is the wedding color of the year, so why not incorporate all its organic goodness into the unexpected details of your wedding day, like boutonnieres! This snazzy little piece has a lot of character and is simple to whip up in no time. Read on as floral designer Eddie Zaratsian takes you through a fantastic tutorial that will show you how to make an earthy-green Air Plant and Succulent Boutonniere. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to craft these Blooms By The Box plants into a wedding day dream!
Have fun customizing and creating, and don’t forget to share your Succulent Bouquet with us on social media at @bloomsbythebox!
How to create an Air Plant and Succulent Boutonniere:
Floral Supplies Needed…
- Small Succulents
- Air Plant
- 14 Gage Wire
- Floral Tape
Create Your Air Plant and Succulent Boutonniere
- Attach your wire to a small succulent.
- Wrap floral tape around the wire, from top to bottom, to create a secure stem.
- Trim the stem at about one inch.
- Cut a piece of the Air Plant, and use the floral tape to tape it to the stem.
- Twist the Air Plant, creating a loop and use tape to secure it in place.
- Do the same thing with a small piece of Air Plant just to the side of the large piece for added depth and character.
- To top it off, twist the excess wire into a small curl at the bottom to give your boutonniere a little flair!
On a creative kick and looking for more tutorials? See more Blooms by the Box and Eddie Tutorials HERE
Design: Eddie Zaratsian
Production Advisor: Hrach Muradyan
Director: Anasheh Khodaverdi
Director of Photography: Narbeh Khodaverdi
Editor: Chris Damadyan
Assistant Editor: Andre Movsisyan
Make-up artists: Zare, Alina Khamanyan & Arminaallure
Special thanks to Katy Sah