Dinner table to Design:
How to Make a Kale and Squash Floral Arrangement
Think Kale and Squash are just for the dinner table? Think again! These fruits of the earth harness a natural beauty that will bring a unique twist to your next floral arrangement or centerpiece! Floral designer Eddie Zaratsian walks through step-by-step the process so that you can create your own Kale and Squash Floral Arrangement! Follow the tutorial below to learn how to piece together these Blooms By The Box flowers into a beautiful centerpiece!
Have fun customizing and creating, and don’t forget to share your Kale and Squash Floral Arrangement with us on social media at @bloomsbythebox!
How to create a Kale and Squash Floral Arrangement:
Floral Supplies Needed:
- A container of your choice
- Presoaked Floral Foam
- Water Tubes
- Viburnum Red Berries
- Vanda Orchids
How To Prepare Your Flowers:
- Size your presoaked floral foam and tuck it snugly into your container, then pour water into the container to add moisture.
Create Your Kale and Squash Arrangement
- Trim the stems of the Kale and insert each one into the perimeter of the foam, fanning out to create a full base.
- Slice the squashes in half, and skewer each half with a spear. Insert the spear into the floral foam to create a deep center to your arrangement.
- Take your Viburnum Berries and gently tuck small bushels in between the Squash.
- Fill your water tubes up with water and cap them off.
- Individually insert the Vanda Orchids into the water tubes, and place three to five of them into the arrangement, balancing out the colors.
Feeling DIY-inspired and looking for more tutorials? See more Blooms by the Box and Eddie Tutorials HERE
Design: Eddie Zaratsian
Production Advisor: Hrach Muradyan
Director: Anasheh Khodaverdi
Director of Photography: Narbeh Khodaverdi
Editor: Chris Damadyan
Assistant Editor: Andre Movsisyan
Make-up artists: Zare, Alina Khamanyan & Arminaallure
Special thanks to Katy Sah