Thanksgiving is the perfect time to get creative and make your home a warm, cheery place that is inviting to all who enter. Thanksgiving is the opener to the holiday season, time to put work into getting family and friends feeling that exciting feeling that is associated with fall leaves, pumpkin coffee, and family time. One of the best ways to create a warm environment is to bring natural elements filled with aroma indoors. Decorating tables, entrances, doors, serving tables, and kitchens with flowers in oranges, yellows, reds, browns, and purples is a perfect way to bring the holidays indoors. Check out the fun fall ideas below and step by step descriptions on how to make these looks when you order wholesale flowers!
Read this step by step, how to create a fall Thanksgiving wreath with fresh flowers: Find the full shoot by Julie Mulligan on her Floral Lifestlye blog!
1. Purchase floral foam in wreath shape in your desired size
2.Soak the floral foam in water and floral preservative. Just let the foam sink into the water without pushing it under. After a few minutes the floral foam will be completely saturated. You can be sure it is ready for use when there are no more air bubbles coming from the foam. Remove the foam from the water and start to create wreath. (picture of steps)
4. Add your focal flowers, such as sunflowers or roses, in an odd number around the wreath. You can do this by cutting the stems short and inserting them into foam, to make sure the flowers stay you can use waterproof floral adhesive that does not harm the live flowers.
5. Fill in the spaces with smaller fall flowers, pine cones, hypericum berries, broom corn, fall leaves, and small pumpkins. If you plan on using items like pines cones or pumpkins that do not have stems, use a tooth pick to create a stem and glue them into the floral foam.
6. Once you have filled in all the spaces you are ready to add ribbon, bows, and final touches so you can hang it on your door, a perfect entrance piece for guests.
Floral Head Bands
Photo from Design Sponge Post
1. First measure your head using floral wire. Create a round shape and construct a tight circle at one end and hook on the other of the wire. This creates a hook that will hold together the head band. Or you can make loops with the end of both sides of the wire and attach ribbon to create a tie at the back of the floral head band.
2. Start by adding ivy or long greenery. Wrap the greenery around the head band and attach it with floral wire.
3. Make 5-8 small clusters of fall flowers held together with floral wire or floral tape and then attach the clusters to the headband periodically. Cover the mechanics with some more greenery.
4. Make sure all the wiring and floral tape is covered with greens and flowers. Use the Thanksgiving head bands for family photos that double as table wreaths for dinner!
Photo credit: Better Homes and Gardens
1. Using pumpkins and gourds as vases is a creative way to be festive and bring the outdoors indoors for the holidays!! First choose gourds that will compliment the flowers and colors you choose! Then cut the top off the gourds and hollow them out!
2. Make sure to really scrape the inside of the gourds out with a spoon.
3. Make sure to use a lining inside the gourds. (home product like saran wrap will work) It is not good to put flowers in the gourd without lining as it will shorten the vase life of the flowers because the inside of the gourd will start to decay and block flower stems with bacteria.
4. Arrange the flowers in the gourd and use them as Thanksgiving table centerpieces!
PLEASE leave us comments of your ideas for fall floral centerpieces! We would love to hear about new and innovative ways to bring flowers to your holiday traditions!